Di Lung is a stuck-up Chinese-American who drives what appears to be a 1950's red Corvette. He was created and voiced by animator Tim Chi Ly. His appearances are usually random and short, and he is usually seen building crazy inventions, which tend to serve as a plot device for the episode, such as "Courage the Fly".
He has somewhat scruffy black hair and wears black sunglasses. He is usually seen with a white T-shirt, blue shorts, and sandals with flowers on them.
He is very smart, but seems to be somewhat evil-aligned in the series. He usually says "Watch where you're goin', ya fool!" or "Ha hahahahahaha! A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
He makes a minor appearance in "Courage in the Big Stinkin' City," where he crashes into Eustace. This makes the farmer drop his hot-dog (much to Eustace's dismay), even though Eustace had been standing still and Di had walked right into him (to which Eustace exclaims "Watch where you're goin', ya fool!").
In "Campsite of Terror", Di Lung is shown to be quite wealthy, possibly because his aunt is the Empress of China, so this wealth probably funds his scientific inventions. He also had a TV show where people give him their wallets, checkbooks, and credit cards; implying that it will make the giver rich, but it was truly to make him richer.
He also makes a minor appearance in "Record Deal", where he is seen attending Velvet Vic's concert, "Scuba Scuba Doo", where he is seen surfing, "So in Louvre are we two", where he is seen exiting the museum, "Angry Nasty People", where he is seen at Jean Bon's diner Burgers Really Cheap, and "Le Quack Balloon", where he wrecks his bike by hitting Courage's leash.
- In Chinese, his name (大龍, Dà Lóng) means Big Dragon, which probably supports the fact that he's royalty (nephew of the Chinese Empresses). The "Di", or 大, in his name is pronounced as "dye" and not "dah" (da) or "dee" (di, Pinyin romanization), perhaps from a Chinese dialect.
- "Watch where you're goin', ya fool!"
- "This not acupuncture, this de-boning. I'm taking out your bones! A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
- "I don't think so, ya fool."
- "I told you I built better dog."
- "Stupid dog never know when to give up!"