|Little Muriel (episode)|
| Season 1, Episode 13, Part I - #13|
|Air date:||March 30, 2000|
|Directed by:||John R. Dilworth|
|Written by:||David Steven Cohen|
|Storyboard:|| Mauro Casalese|
Journey to the Center of Nowhere
The Great Fusilli
A tornado hits Nowhere, and Muriel is sucked in. The whole Bagge Farmhouse is completely destroyed by the twister, but luckily, Muriel is unharmed. However, the storm has altered her age and appearance, and she is now a three-and-a-half year old child.
Courage has only ever known the adult, harmonic and serene Muriel, and her spoiled, unruly and hyper childhood self is a handful. After failing to make a macaroni and cheese platter to her satisfaction, and keeping her from playing in the dangerous ruins of the farmhouse, Courage can't take it anymore.
The Computer instructs that to turn Muriel back to normal, Courage must hurl her into a tornado that spins in the opposite direction. So Courage takes the little girl on a plane to Sri Lanka, in the southern hemisphere where tornadoes spin clockwise instead of counter-clockwise.
Courage succeeds in finding such a twister, and in turning Muriel back to her normal, elderly self. They return to Bagge farm. On the TV, the Nowhere Newsman explains that the tornado emergency is over, and now the only thing left to worry about is the giant tidal wave roaring across the plains. The tidal wave sweeps up the newsman, then is seen on the horizon, rapidly approaching the farm. Courage is then seen riding Eustace as a surfboard on the crest of the wave, while carrying Muriel and her chair above.
- The man seen on the TV dancing with bananas in his ears is John R. Dilworth, creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- The pilot looks exactly like the captain from "Klub Katz."
- Muriel is seen here as a child, while Eustace won't be shown as a child until "The Curse of Shirley." Eustace is shown as an infant in "The Quilt Club."
- Muriel has white hair as a baby, but she had brown hair when she adopted Courage, and red hair when she married Eustace.
- Little Muriel is voiced by Kath Soucie.
- This is the second episode in season one with no villains.